Monday, December 22, 2008

Eragon



This is my first try on novel of fantasy genre. It is suprisingly good. Watched the movie first when it was released in 2006, and it's not until recently then I bought this book from Acmamall online shop (because of the good promotion XD).



Movie vs Novel, I think the novel is better (as always). More details in the novel, but some parts are left out in the movie, and a few new stuff were added in too. The fight between the blue dragon Saphira and the bad guy Durza's dark magic dragon is new. Unless I accidentally miss that part in the book, this fight is added purposely for the movie, which I think is very nice, because I think the original version, the fight between Durza and Eragon (without the dragons) is kinda boring and short.



Parts that are left out in movie include:
- the werecats part
- the part when Arya was unconscious during the desert journey

Something got me confused all the time when I read the novel is, the difference between Razac and Urgul. I think one of them (or both) is a kind of orc species, and another is human kind. Hmm.... time to watch the movie again~

In short, this is a very well written novel, but expect lengthy details about the history of the Alagaesia (the world in this novel) and the history of dragon rider, which cover a pretty large portion in the book. Action parts were pretty decent though. Anyway, it's the history part that interests me more.

1 comment:

  1. OpenTrolley Bookstore also got some good promos for books. The website is at http://opentrolley.com.sg

    ReplyDelete