Friday, July 17, 2009

Shadows of the Empire (X-Files and Harper's Island)



Yet another Star Wars novel. Story happens in between that of Episode V and Episode VI. Suddenly feel like to rewatch all star wars movies again XD. 又开始发star-wars疯了。

Bought the Collection of Episode 4,5,6 last year. Quite expensive, but very worth it. Gonna get the Episode 1,2,3 collection soon if got chance (that chance will only happen if I'm in Singapore i think, hope it won't be very far away XD).

Also like to buy a few others DVD included the remaining X-Files season (season 7,8 and 9) that I have yet to watched, and another old drama series called The Lone Gunmen (I doubt I can find this one anyway).

I started to watch X-Files from the very beginning Season 1 Episode 1 since last year I think, and I'm half way through season 6 now. Just wanna say this is a really good show that worth to watch it at least once for everyone. Got a series of books sold in bookstore, title is what "1001 movies you must watch before you die". I think if got another book called "1001 dramas you must watch before you die", I think I will vote X-Files number 1 XD.

The main plot of X-Files is rather heavy and dark, revolving around colonization of alien on Earth. But this show is I think one of the funniest show I have watched. It's not comedy, those kind of show purposely make the audience laugh. But the content of X-files, their dialogues, somewhat funny enough to make you laugh. And many of the episodes, have profound meaning behind the stories one. That's why I like it i think.

9 seasons and 2 movies of X-Files so far. and I heard 3rd movie might be coming soon. I hope it's true.

~~~~

There is another show that I must mention, the one that I recently just finished watching. Harper's Island. This show reminds me alot of 金田一. It's about the serial murder happens on the island. This is a very violent show I think. The scene is disgusting is one thing, but I think the more disgusting part of this show is its plot. Have quite 'some' plots in this show, which I think is 儿童不宜. How can the killer be still calm and smile when he kills, how can her husband cheats on her, with her mother.
Almost everyone in the show, got a pretty good character development. Everyone has their story, and has given enough attention I think. Like Lost. Guess that's why I like it ha.
This show is short, 13 episodes in total. Heard there is Harper's Island 2. Wonder how the story can be continued. I thought it was a pretty well done ending in Episode 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment