Friday, October 10, 2008

凉皮 (Cold skin)


Today just had this kind of weird food called 凉皮. When the lab people mentioned about it to me, I don't understand a thing. I asked: which 'liang', which 'pi', and also asked is it meat or vegetable, lol. And so they decided to order it from outside (a chinese restaurant), and had it as lunch today.

And so Yanbing went out to get our order (they can deliver to any MRT station), and when I first see the 凉皮, the first thing that comes into my mind is: isn't it Hor Fun???

But of course it's not (but really looks similar). From what I know from them, 凉皮 is very common 小吃 in China, and they like it very much. It's made from flour (if i'm not wrong lol) and added with special source (they mention about 7 ingredients, but I only remember vinegar), and cucumber, bean sprout, and chili. Also, as the name implies, it is somewhat cold when taken.

Most importantly, it tastes good. But it become very sour when almost finishing. I think I din mix the source well. I told them I 越吃越酸, Yong Ming replied: ah, 你越吃越爽?!! lol. But all of them really 越吃越爽, they can finish everything, including the source.


Me and Chun Xia


Me and Bao Yun


Bao Yun, Me, Yanbing, Lei Ya, Yong Ming, Chun Xia

No comments:

Post a Comment