Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Piano Concerto Extravaganza

NUS music school students really did a great performance yesterday, and many of the pieces performed are my favourite piano concertos, like Chopin No.1 and Rachmaninov No.2. Too bad there was only movement 1 of Chopin Piano Concerto No.1, and I like movement 3 more. But still, the mvt1 was very well played. It's sis's favourite, too bad she couldn't come ha. And I think the best piece in the concert would be Rachmaninov's piano concerto No.2 especially movement 3. No better word to describe it, and I think I almost float when the pianist was performing the piece.

Enjoy the movement 3 of Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No. 2

Rach PC Cm mvt3 -

Piano Concerto Extravaganza 14 Oct 2008

Bach Concerto in D minor I. Allegro risoluto
Chopin Concerto No.2 in F minor, Op. 21. II. Larghetto
Chopin Fantasie on Polish Airs, Op. 13
Rachmaninov Concerto No. 2 in C minor. II. Adagio sostenuto
Rachmaninov Concerto No. 2 in C minor. III. Allegro scherzando
Beethoven Concerto No. 3 in C minor. I. Allegro con brio
Chopin Concerto No. 1 in E minor. I. Allegro maestoso
Rachmaninov Concerto No. 1 in F# minor. III. Allegro vivace
Prokofiev Concerto NO. 3 in C major. III. Allegro ma non troppo

No comments:

Post a Comment