Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Jedi Twilight



Coruscant Nights series is one of the newer novels in star wars expanded universe, featuring the story just after Episode III. The first book in the series- Jedi Twilight's plot focuses on one jedi who survived the mass jedi killing under Emperor Palpatine's order (after Episode III) and his mission to finish his late master's wish.

First half of the novel is quite confusing, mainly because of the too many characters being introduced in every chapter each with own story (around 7 or 8 characters, somehow with almost equally important role in the plot). The story become clearer and more interesting after those characters gather, for reasons I find quite amusing.

The robot intelligence is very interesting in Jedi twilight. The droid I-5YQ is programmed in a way that it can self program in the future, and I thought I-5YQ in this novel is a bit too humanized. Anyway, still an interesting part of the novel.

A very interesting weapon is introduced in this novel (at least I only know it first time through this novel). It's the lightsaber in whip version. I thought it would be very powerful and 'wild', but what depicted in this novel is, the lighwhip is rather crumsy to use compared to conventional lightsaber.

My very first star wars expanded universe novel. I'm glad I didn't choose the wrong novel to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment