Thursday, March 19, 2009

Coming Soon

Just watched this Thai horror movie called Coming Soon. The movie name is quite confusing at first. I first saw the trailer on the bus going back to Kota Tinggi, then for the whole trailer, I didn't notice the title of the movie, just a small 'Coming soon' at the corner. Then I was thinking: what kind of trailer is this, never show us the movie title but only letting us know it's coming soon. A friend of mine is even more funny. She told me the other day she and her friend saw this movie poster at the cinema, then,

A: Got Thai horror movie, but don't know what movie.
B: Yalo, and it's coming soon le.
A: Next time can come watch.

~.~ It's not until few days then I told her actually the movie is called Coming Soon. Ha.



Onto the movie itself
I think this movie is really good. Got a pretty good plot. Coming Soon is about a few people were haunted by a ghost in a movie called Revengeful Spirit after they watched that movie. The ghost in the movie has a very scary look, especially the red bloody eyes. As always, I think a horror movie is good if the story is strong, not jus because the there is a lot scary scenes or those bloody violence scene like those in hollywood horror movies. I watched most of the horror movies by this director, and I think the scariest one is Ghostgame and Shuttle, then followed by Coming Soon. A friend told me Ghostgame is not that scary, but she watched it at home, DVD. Brother told me Shuttle is not scary, because he watched the US version >_<
Horror movies,, must watch in cinema and must watch original Thai version~!

There are several trivial things in Coming Soon which I find it rather interesting. In Coming Soon, there are 2 scenes in the cinema, and people were watching horror movie, and the movie was 4bia (another movie by this director). Speaking of 4bia, I think although 4bia is not the scariest among his work, I think I like 4bia the most, story-wise. 4 stories, except for the 2nd story with violence as main theme, the other 3 stories were very good.

People said those who watched horror movies are those who spend money to buy torture for themselves. But for me, I think I 'yue kan yue qi jing'.

Here are Thai horror movies which I have watched, and I think are worth mentioned and recommended:
1. Shuttle
2. Ghostgame
3. 4bia
4. Coming soon
5. Alone
6. Body 19

No comments:

Post a Comment