Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cambodia and Vietnam trip ~the temples Day1~

At first I thought I will be showing all the 'selected' photos of the temples in Siem Reap here, but after I finally went to select them, I realize it's too ambitious to put all of them here XD Alot of nice one, including photos from Jimmy and Yinfong's camera. I shall post a few here, and for the rest, please visit my facebook account XD lol

Day1

~Pre Rup~ (pronounced as Prey Rub, if I'm not wrong)
It's a place where cremation took place, as suggested by scholar. This place is one of the popular place to see the sunset although we never get to see sunset because of the cloudy sky.


~Banteay Srei~ (also mean Citadel of the Women)
This is very far from the classic route of the temple visiting (like Angkor Wat, Bayon etc etc). Tuktuk car journey took about 30 minutes (or more) to reach. What's so special about this place is the sculpture. As for the sculpture and carving, I would say I might not be 'artistic' enough to actually enjoy and appreciate them. Nice or not, please check my FB and you can see it yourself.


~Eastern Mebon~
This is the only temple that we didn't actually go in.


~Ta Som~
This is a corner of the Buddhist temple Ta Som, with a local child posed for the shoot.


~Preah Neak Poan~
This is quite a nice place where the center temple (as shown above) is surrounded by another 4 square pools (each pool signified with different statue of animals). I was not able to capture Preah Neak Poan in photos to justify how nice it is. Anyway, this is one of my favourite for Day1 temples.


~Preah Khan~ (means Sacred Sword, nice name)
The biggest temples that we had visited for Day1 (biggest of all should be Angkor Wat). It started to rain awhile after we arrived. This is also the place we started our 'sepia madness'. Check Cambodia and Vietnam trip ~the sepia~ for more photos. (coming soon)

End of Day1

More to come in Alanpp blospot: (click to enter)

Cambodia and Vietnam trip ~the temples Day1~
Cambodia and Vietnam trip ~the temples Day2~
Cambodia and Vietnam trip ~the people~
Cambodia and Vietnam trip ~the sepia~
Cambodia and Vietnam trip ~the homestay~
Cambodia and Vietnam trip ~final words~

No comments:

Post a Comment