Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Night without Electricity

It has been some times since the last blackout in Malaysia home. It was quite common last time when I was still young, but now, we rarely have a blackout already.

It was around 11pm+ and I was bathing when the light went out suddenly ha. It was pitch black.

Anyway, other than the many inconvenient caused by the lack of electricity, I realize I was rather enjoying the short moment of the blackout. There is one thing that I would definitely do when there is no electricity AT NIGHT. Blackout night = star gazing night~

When there is total zero light pollution in the town, it's when all the stars in the sky become more visible. Stars that are easily visible under normal night become brighter, and uncountable invisible stars (because of the town light), start to get visible.

It is January. Orion constellation appears just right above. With Sirius shining very brightly quite nearby. It looks like this ---> (picture below)


But of course, in Kota Tinggi, I never see the Orion as bright as it is shown in this picture. But everyone is able to recognize this constellation easily. They are very obvious in the sky.

Remind me of the moment in Australia, when I saw the faint tail of milky way. I was taking the midnight bus along the road which has no street light. That was the best sky I have ever seen. I stared at the sky for don't know how long XD. The sky looks something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment